Follow the steps below to install the Sofia RTLS Controller.
Watch a Video
This video segment shows how to complete the steps in this procedure.
- Click Install in the box for Sofia ARC Controller to start the RTLS Controller Setup Wizard.
- Click Next. Then read and agree to the license agreement.
- At the Choose Install Location screen, leave the default destination folder, or click Browse to select a different destination. Then click Install.
- At the Global Server Settings screen, leave the field values as they are and click Next.
- Leave the Performance Settings as they are and click Next.
- At the Database Connection Settings screen, leave the field values as they are. But enter the same database master password that you entered earlier in step 4 of the Task 1: Install the Sofia ARC Database.
If you’re using an external Relational Database Management System, select the radio box for External RDBMS and complete the rest of the fields to identify the JDBC Connection URL. You must also enter the required User Name and Password.
- At the Blink Mode Support screen, leave all boxes unchecked and click Next.
- At the Algorithm Servers screen, leave the field values as they are and click Next.
- At the E-Mail Server Settings screen, leave all fields blank and click Next.
Sofia handles email forwarding. So, you don’t need to enter email server settings.
- At the Advanced Features screen, leave the field values as they are and click Apply.
The installer shows the completion screen when done.
- Leave the box checked for Open Administrator Pages and click Finish.
The ARC Setup tab now shows both the database and controller with INSTALLED statuses:
The Configuration Utility also opens the RTLS Controller login screen.
- Continue to Task 3: Upload the RTLS Controller License.